Sunday, February 15, 2009

A weekend full of love ......

This past Friday the 13th(which is my lucky number) was definitely a monumental moment in our lives. We went to the adoption hearing for Kam and Tyler, and in about 5 minutes it was official. We couldn't be more grateful that it went so well and that all our prayers were answered. Now we can't wait for the next step which is to go to the temple to be sealed to him. With it being Valentine's day the following day I can't help but think about what will be on our minds each year Valentine's day comes around and how we will celebrate this wonderful day in our lives. After the hearing we all went to celebrate at our family's favorite place to eat Hometown buffet i'm sure some of you disagree but we love it and Josiah seemed to love the ice cream, we let him have a little ice cream cone to himself and he had it everywhere but we couldn't help but laugh WITH him and enjoy our time together. Later that night we went to a Valentine's dance that our ward put on. We had such a good time they had a chili and bake off... Kala entered our favorite family dessert skor bar cake, and she won 3rd place... she was so excited. Kam,Josiah and I tore up the dance floor and had so much fun....when we got home we were exhausted but grateful for a great family day. on saturday was Valentine's day, and since my husband and I haven't been out to dinner oh in about a year or maybe longer.. we decided to give in and go treat ourselves.We went along with another couple and went to famous daves BBQ is was really good. Finally to end the weekend full of love we went to church today and I heard a great talk by one of the high council about husbands and wives and how we can help our family grow. I thought what a perfect ending to a perfect weekend. here are a few pics...also scroll down after this post because I posted a video of Josiah.....hope you all had a great weekend.

Kam signing the official documents to be his dad
The kids doing there best to be quiet in the courtroom... ya they were a little loud =)
Ty was next to sign his name on the dotted line, with the special pen they gave him
The family with the Judge who awarded the adoption, we couldn't help but chuckle when we saw how tall she was...
It's official Father and Son!!!
And this is Kala at our dance!!

7 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

Oh Tiffany, I just started to cry when I read it was all offical. What a great and wonderful thing for your family. How soon can you guys get sealed? The Lord loves your little family a lot! =) Congratulations!

Manu Family said...

we most likely have to wait for the birth cer. to come before we go, probably in april im thinking i will let you know for sure... thanks for your support...

The Waggoners said...

That's wonderful!! So exciting!! I'm looking forward to your sealing post in a couple months. :)

Rinez said...

Manu family. This is the perfect ending to our Sabbath Day - to read this fabulous news. We knew, through Shannon, what a struggle you were having. And now your dream has come true. I know Shannon is rejoicing with you. You have such a beautiful family and this is truly a time for rejoicing for you all. Let us know when you get to go to the temple.

Manu Family said...

thanks for the comments... it means alot to me. =)

The Fergy Bunch said...

Hey Tiffany, what's your receipe for your Skor bar cake? I LOVE Skor bars and the cake sounds yummy! =)

Blissfully Blessed said...

Thank God everything came out well!... i know that you have been looking forward to this day for many, many, many years!... Tyler must be super excited and so must Kam... God is indeed keeping you and your family blessed!... all that's left now is the sealing of your COMPLETE family!... what a blessing that will be!... all the best of luck to you and your family...