Monday, October 26, 2009

it's just hair... right??

For the last 3 months I have been contemplating about cutting my hair... I somehow came across this blog about this little girl who is battling a brain tumor... everyday I read the desperate cries of her mother.... and I feel her pain and fear... well I have a soft spot for those with diseases and and I always try to do my share of helping out... not only are you helping but you feel so good helping... so it is a win win situation.... So anyways back to the point... so I have thought long and hard about it and I finally got the nerve to just do it... I have been approached before to donate it to locks of love... but just couldn't part with my hair.. it was who am, it was a big part of me.. I was the girl " with the really long pretty hair" and I didn't want to let go of my " identity" so to speak... well recently I haven't had any doubts... except the fact that I have really thick hair.. so short+thick equals very puffy... well I finally set the appointment... and thought if I change my mind then I will cancel..So I got up today like any other.... and read that blog about the little girl.. and the mom blogged about how they shaved their little girls hair today... and how she misses her 5 year old's beautiful blond locks... and at that point I was ready to do it.... 3 1/2 hours later and 11 inches gone... I feel great...!! and have no regrets.... although I will never know who will receive my hair... It will feel good to know that somebody will be walking around feeling good about there self... and I was apart if it.... here are some pics of my lil journey.... =)


Here is the Before pic
all pony'd up and ready to cut
one cut one to go (had a lil sad moment)
and then I was over it.... and I was all laughs
did I really just do that??
me and my wonderful hair dresser
Ta-Da the finished product!!

7 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

I love your new look! That's neat that you donated your hair, I know someone will be very happy.

Blissfully Blessed said...

OMG its FABULOUS!!!!... i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!... totally fits u!!!... ur prolly thinking u should have done it a long time ago!!!...
what a great donation of hair someones gonna be so thankful to get ur hair!!...
aloha chica!...

Hess Bunch said...

LOVE your hair! It's way cute!

Rinez said...

As I said on Facebook, you look great! And I'm glad you have no regrets!

Sam and Janiece said...

it's so cute!

Rebecca said...

I love it! You look so cute and hip!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I agree...i've cut my hair a few times and donated it. It does feel like you're making a difference for someone even though you don't know who it is.