Monday, April 27, 2009

One of our shining stars.....and a little bite!!

This past weekend was quite busy, especially for Kala... On Friday night the Musical that Kala is in had its opening night.... As I was getting her ready, Make up and all I couldn't help but be so proud of her... but also have some major butterflies for her as well... I could tell as the time got nearer that she was getting really nervous.... after months of rehearsal the day had finally came... as I dropped my beautiful talented daughter off... I said to her " hey Kala good luck , I love you .... and please " don;t break a leg." "( if you remember from a earlier post) ..she just laughed and said "Mooom!! LOL... so the night went really well... an the production is a big hit!! although I haven't seen it yet because our tickets are for this Friday night... The next morning we had to get up early and go to the park... Kala's girl scout troop was participating in planting trees at the park and baseball field.... I thought since Earth day was last week..that this would be a good lesson for her... so we headed to the park at 745am with Josiah in tow... we got to the park and it was a big event, we even got to meet the Mayor...!! we got a quick little lesson on how to plant a tree and proceeded to walk 2 miles to the ballpark.... did I say 2 miles... yahh!! that's right....!!lol... so we planted about 4 trees in all... and it was a great experience for my daughter... and I'm glad we went.... after that we had to hurry home with no time to waste for Kala to get ready for the next show time at 2pm... she kept saying mom im tired!! I told her Kala this what stars do... they never have to time to waste...LOL... she got ready and we headed to the church I was helping the kids in play this time... so I went with her... it was so cute to be in a room with 35 kids getting ready for show time.... they were putting makeup, curling hair... and inhaling 20 different snacks that were provided for them ....LOL ..she had 2 shows on Saturday.... 2pm and 7pm.. so it was another long day for the princess.... so about 1/2 way through the day i'm noticing that my ankle is swelling and it getting hard to walk on.... I remembered that I got bit by something the day before... and didn't think it was that bad... well to make a long story short after 2 days in the E.R. 4 injections of meds, 4 prescriptions, lots of pain, an infection that was taking over my body and a baby that missed me terribly I am finally on the road to recovery.. It was a scary experience... that I'm glad is over.....so now I just need to catch up on everything I didn't get to do this weekend.... the hubby and the kids tried there hardest to clean the house for me....I'm so grateful to my husband for keeping the house in order while I was away..even if though his idea of a nutritious lunch was ice cream....LOL...this weekend should be busy again as Kala has 4 more performances to do.... hopefully I will get more pics later!!
Kala with her cousin Ana getting ready for showtime.. don't they look pretty??
Strike a pose Kala....
Ahhhhh!! it's her dressing room... with her own star.... I am so proud of her!!!
digging a hole for a new tree to put in the earth
waiting patiently for the tree to arrive....
the tree is in.. now it's time to put the dirt back in the hole...
Ta Da the finished product
and this Josiah being silly with a mask we got at the park!!!

4 comments:

Rinez said...

I'm hoping to come see the production this next week. I've heard it's wonderful!
Glad you're recovering. Did they ever diagnose you?

The Fergy Bunch said...

I'm so glad Kala is enjoying her part in the play, what a fun expierence for her! I think it's neat that she planted trees, what a great memory for her. I am also glad you are doing better. What a scary expierence for you. Let me know if you need anything!

Hess Bunch said...

So glad you are feeling better. I bet Kala is one tired little girl. She looks absolutely beautiful.

MARISA said...

I haven't heard from you. I had to check your blog to see how you were doing. Im glad you're feeling better.