Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Until we meet again"

Great ending words spoken by President Monson......I just loved President Monson's closing remarks of General Conference, and then to hear that beautiful Hymn following.. It definitely has me looking forward to the next... I have to say this one was quite special for my Family and I... because we were able to attend one of the sessions in person... it started about 4 months ago that we decided that we wanted to take a trip to Utah to see my Mom, step-dad and family and to try and attend General Conference. We had 2 tickets guaranteed waiting for us in Salt Lake and was just waiting on the 3 we needed for us all to go... So on the Sunday before Conference we got the call that "we got them" we were so happy that everything was working out.... On Friday evening after Kam got off work we hit the road for a 13 hour loooong adventure to Utah with 4 kids intow.... we tried to keep Josiah fully entertained with none other than the doodle bops dvd that he just loves.. between sleeping and the dvd it lasted oh for about 6 hours.... but after that he was done... and was fussy the rest of the way....

Day 1-our first day there we were all very tired but so excited to see Mammy ( my mom) i felt so bad because I think I fell asleep while she was talking to me.. Sorry mom... it felt so comforting to be at home with my mom... we just hung around the house and had dinner... after that we went to see my cousin Melissa's new house... what a beauty... it was so huge.. I love the little piano room and the kids loved the trampoline... even Josiah got out there.... after that we went home to get ready for saturday ..the big day....

Day 2- Saturday Morning we got up and drove to salt lake, leaving Josiah with Mammy for the day... we stopped off in Taylorsville to see my husbands old stomping grounds when he was a kid... he just loved showing the kids his old junior high and house that he lived in as a kid...then we had breakfast with some of Kam's childhood friends.. it was so special to listen to them talk about old times and catch up from the last 20 years they haven't seen each other.... so after that we went to pick up the 2 tickets that our family was giving to us... they left it in a mail box for us to pick up.... we are waiting in the car anxiously waiting for kam to come out with the tickets so we can be on our way to the conference center...and then "boom" Kam comes out and says they were stolen ..all he had in hand was a EMPTY ripped up envelope.... we were so sad ... and thought we came all this way and now only have 3 tickets... my husband and I just looked at each other like what are we going to do... I couldn't help but be discouraged and mad that satan was getting in our way of going to conference.....so as we drove closer to temple square.... we tried to come up with ideas... and all we could come up with is that the kids would go in with out us because we didn't want them to miss this opportunity. Kam dropped us off at the corner by the center .. and as I just stood there in the snow with my worried children standing around me..a thought came to my mind " why don't we just go up to the office and explain our situation" who better to understand than my fellow lds family... so we did it and they just handed us the tickets like they were waiting for us.... and at that moment when those tickets hit my hand ... I was overwhelmed with emotion and the tears just filled up my eyes... as I watched my kids faces go from worried to excited....and we were in... and it was beautiful... as we sat in our seats we just watched the door to see the Prophet walk out... and he did and it was such a spiritual moment for my family as we stood up to welcome the Prophet.... we all enjoyed the talks and I was spiritually full as I walked out... after that hung out at the visitors center til priesthood session started for Ty and Kam... once they went in we walked around Temple square, and sat in the visitors center it was really neat to talk to sisters from around the world... we got home that evening about 10pm to Josiah who missed us all day but found out the Josiah now loves suger free squirt he kept giving his cup to papa saying more..he was so funny....

Day 3- On Sunday ... we watched Conference and hung out with my mom and and papa .... it was a nice peaceful family day.....

Day 4- On Monday ... My mom, Josiah, Kala, my cousin Emily, and her daughter JJ went into Logan to do some shopping and have some lunch... while the men worked hard in the yard....us girls had a lot of fun shopping and had a good lunch at this restaurant Angie's, after that we just hung around the house til dinner.....

day 5- Time to go home =( While Kam and Jim went into town we just got stuff ready to head back home.... we went to lunch and then spent more time together before it was time to leave.... we got on the road about 4pm.... and stopped and had dinner with Kam's friends from childhood again....at chuck a rama.. after that we hit the road... and got home at 5am this morning....we had such a wonderful time in Utah... and it was so good to see my MOM and jim.... I miss them so much already.....I look forward to seeing my family in utah and going to conference again.... until we meet again...... love ya =)

6 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

WOW! What a great weekend! I am so glad you were ablt to be there! Conference is always wonderful where ever you are but I have heard it is even more amazing when you see it in the Conference center! =)

Blissfully Blessed said...

What an Awesome experience for you and your family!... the pictures are GREAT!...

PS... i miss Jim's cakes!!... soo yummy!... he was supposed to make my wedding cake!!!...LOL!...
luv ya gal!...

MARISA said...

I'm glad everything worked out with the tickets. It's always great to visit family.

Karlee said...

it was so fun when you came up!!

Hess Bunch said...

Had alot of fun. . . . hope to see you again really soon!

Rinez said...

So thankful that everything worked out for you at conference. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. I know Shannon is smiling happily on all of these family events as you grow in the gospel. What a beautiful family you have.