I'm writing this blog to inform those who don't know and also to share with my friends and family.... So last night started out to be a wonderful evening with a lot going on. Kam took Jayden and Tyler to Tyler's band concert at school which he had a solo by the way...congrats on that!!! and Josiah and I went to do some girl scout stuff for Kala's girl scout troop and then head to church for enrichment night the theme was how to become the 8 cow woman you are from the johnny lingo movie... it was great food, great company and a great program... well Josiah didn't do so well in the nursery so I had him with me... once it was over he was trying to run around everywhere and wanted to touch everything so all of a sudden I'm holding his hand and he pulls away from me to escape out the door and I hear a POP sound .. I thought maybe it was just his wrist adjusting or something... well then he started crying and babying his arm... after talking to a few people I thought it would just be sore and go away... well it didn't he cried off and on through the night... so first thing this morning I take him to the Dr. and with in 1 minute if getting into the room she pops his elbow into place and he is back to normal eating a lollipop with the same arm... as if nothing ever happened... it turns out he got
nurses maid elbow and apparently it is very common. Well he is running around being the happy little boy he normally is... he definitely had us scared though....
4 comments:
Oh my goodness Tiffany how awful! I have never heard of this before! My kids wrist pop sometimes but that's it - thank goodness. I'm so glad he's okay - *HUGS* I'm sure that was quite a scare!
Oh my, I've never heard of that! So glad he's feeling better! Kids are amazing.
Wow . . . I've always heard that that could happen, but I never really believed it. That's pretty scary. I'm glad that he's okay. So do you get to see your Mom this weekend? Wish I could be there to see everyone. I really miss Aunt Barbara Ann. I have alot of childhood memories of doing things with her and she just reminds me so much of my Mom. Hope all goes well with Cecily.
Glad your little guy is ok!!...That's one thing that others have warned me about too...elbows popping out of place. Gosh and you never think it'll happen to you! p.s. Thanks so much for all you do for me, watching Beckett and all! You are such a great friend and a great little babysitter for Beckett...he sure loves playing with Josiah (he didn't even wanna go home today when I picked him up... :( ).
Post a Comment