Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Haven't posted in a while......

Where do I start.... so much has been going on here in the Manu household... especially since school started... it just keeps us all just busy busy busy..... Tyler started his senior year.. and I am just having a hard time dealing with it... oh how I wish he was that lil kindergartner again...LOL.. there is alot that goes into preparing your child to graduate... Sat's, ordering cap and gown, senior pics, class ring, year book... and so on.. and they waste no time having you do all that at the beginning of the year.... Tyler is in concert band this year and is on the chess team so he is having fun with that... As for Kala she is doing great excelling in school as always... she is trying out for the volleyball team and doing lots of other fun stuff... like chorus,playing the flute,and piano lessons... she is a Cadette in girl scouts.. and is having fun with that earning patches and awards... Jayden ..where do I start with this boy... he had a horrible year last year at school... and wasn't the kid I once knew..well lets just say he is back on track... and doing great... he took the gate test, but unfortunately didn't pass... I told him it is o.k. because he is doing other stuff like chorus and playing the trumpet.... and trying out for the school football team.... he recently had an accident and had to get 5 staples in his head... he had me so scared.. his head was bleeding a lot... it happened to be the night that he was to perform the Haka at a luau... and he insisted on still performing.. so we took him to the E.R. after... he is amazing.... LOL.. Josiah is growing like a weed... he is 43 lbs.. and is the pickiest eater ever... he loves fruits and veggies and doesn't care to much for meat... except for popcorn chicken that's it... he is talking up a storm.. and is very smart... and has a great memory and always keeps us laughing with his over the top personality... so on to the ones who hold the fort down... Kam recently got his truck stolen, what a shame huh? so we had to wait to see if it got recovered before getting a new vehicle... lets just say it is super challenging with one car..sigh.. but we made it work....and they never found the truck, so we got a new truck.. He is currently a supervisor and has been working crazy longs hours.. at one point he worked 21 days straight.. he never complains and we are grateful for him everyday.. I have been busy in school once again... but just taking 3 classes this semester... it definitely keeps my busy....I have also turned into quite the party planner.. my calling at church is the activity chair person.. its fun planning activities, I recently helped plan a luau for 700 people.. it was a lot of work.. and I was exhausted after words.. but it was worth it...Kam and the boys performed the Haka at the luau and it was so fun to watch them.. I was def a proud mom and wife seeing them up there.I took my van in to get a lil t.l.c.... lil dumb things have been happening to it the trunk broke, and then one of the side door handles just fell off.. could it be I have 4 rough kids who treat my van like a punching.bag..LOL.... anyways there is the update on the Manu family... not much different.... just living life....=0)
Jayden with the staples in his head....at first he was embarrassed and wore a beanie.. but after the first day.. he said mom ' I don't care what people say" =) that's my boy

3 comments:

Blissfully Blessed said...

wow you guys are a busy busy bunch!... sounds super exciting!... I can't believe how fast the kids are growing... Too bad about Kam's truck... people just suck sometimes...
I'm glad you FINALLY posted!... it really had been a while!...
take care of yourself... luv ya!...

Rinez said...

So fun reading all about your great family. Is Tyler looking at BYU? I strongly suggest that you encourage him in that direction. That's such a good way to help prepare for his mission. Our kids loved going there because for once they were in the majority instead of always in the minority at high school.
Those staples look very painful! Glad he's healed well.
Sorry about the loss of your truck. It is frustrating when people take what's not theirs.

The Fergy Bunch said...

I always love catching up with your family. I'm sorry to hear about Kam's truck but I sure do like the one you replaced it with! =D I'm glad Jayden's head is better, he sure is a tough kid. Oh, and I LOVED watching your family perform and the Luau - they were GREAT! You guys are a great family - and yes, you are turning into a little party planner - and doing a great job at it too!