" raising children is the easy part, it's letting them go that is the hardest" Author me... unless someone already said it...LOL
With the school year coming to an end we are surrounded by many happy children. Some are happy about having a summer vacation.. and many are excited about being done with this part of their life and about to graduate... either way we are surrounded by it all. Well for me all I have been thinking about is this means my kids are getting older. Jayden will be going in to the 5th grade.. which is not so bad... but then it gets harder... thinking about my daughter going in to the 6th grade, which means only one more year of elementary school... and also means she will be moving up to young women at church and not in primary anymore... and that is just really hard for me to except... my little girl is growing up... so now for the biggest thing that has been on my mind... is that exactly one year from now my son, my first born, my baby... will be graduating from high school... and that I just can't deal with... I can still remember the day I walked him to his first day of kindergarten with his rugrats backpack and all... and now I will be taking him to take his SAT's in a couple of weeks.. I just can't believe it.... so this brings me to my quote... " raising children is the easy part, it's letting them go that is the hardest" I have been thinking lately that raising them and have them under your wing.. is a piece of cake compared to letting go of them and entering them into the real world... you start thinking about what you could have done differently with them.. and how you could have been a better parent... and how are they going to be when they are finally out under your wing and flying for them selves... this has been very hard for me... we want to protect our children but we can't always do that especially when they are an adult... it just makes you think a lot.. about when they were little it is so much easier .. ya they cry and fus, act up.. don't listen... etc... but I would take that any day over the other rebellious possibilities that your child can get into as they get older and the other things they are faced with as a they get older.. it is a scary world out there... and I just want to protect them forever....So this next year is going to be tough from me as we prepare our first born for one of the biggest days of his life... graduation day...










3 comments:
There is a reason Heavenly Father desires for us to have friends - so that when we are faced with things that weigh heavily upon us we can have someone who will always be there for us. I may not be in your shoes for a while but I am here whenever you need a shoulder to cry, and ear to vent to, and to give you a hug when you could use one the most - like now - *HUGS*!
So crazy that Tyler will be a senior...what are his plans after high school?
Oh Tiffany, I can feel you so much. As one who has said goodbye to all of my 8 chicks, let me assure you that there are wonderful times ahead. It's good you are cherishing this time and you will definitely have your heart tugs and sadness. I know what it's like. I also know the joy they experience when they go off to college, on a mission, have sweethearts, fall in love, marry, have your grandchildren - on and on. Life is never dull for a mother - always something new on the horizon. The trick is (and you're doing it) to enjoy the moment, the journey. When you get old like me, you'll find your children becoming the best of your friends and you will learn volumes from them. Hang in there! It's a good trip!
Post a Comment