Last weekend we went to the relay for life here in Bakersfield. We walked about 6 hours in honor of those suffering or lost their battle with cancer. As we walked there we saw lots of booths set up with things to buy and to wear that not only represented but raised money for cancer.. My kids got a bracelet and Kala got a bow for her hair. I didn't quite see anything that caught my eye. Then I cam across " the pink boxing glove" it is a little key chain that has a cute pink boxing glove hanging on it. I thought to my self PERFECT. I want that. the main reason is because growing up my initials were T.K.O. " which in boxing lingo that is "technical knock out". anyways we left and I found a perfect spot for it. on my rear view mirror!! I added it to a very special key chain that my aunt gave my who passed away that i refuse to take down. anyways I thought to myself is this silly to have this hanging here... ?? well I was having a bad day last week and I got in my car as I do everyday to face the world and the first thing I looked at at was that pink boxing glove!! and a thought came to me.. If all those men, women, and children can face and fight cancer well then I can face anything that comes my way!! what ever it may be that I am facing that particular day I can fight it and get through it!!! The boxing glove, or bracelet, or ribbon, t shirt etc. represents there fight for cancer and helps them get through it. Well what helps me get through things is my love and faith for the gospel. That glove I see everyday as I get in my car and face the world with what ever problems I may be having represents the gospel and my faith to help my get through the day.... now on with my story... as I stated in my last post we were expecting, well I had some complications and long story short I believe that Heavenly father had greater plans for our lil baby to be, and knowing that will help me to heal trough this sad moment in my life. There are so many obstacles and trials that we face each day some harder than others. But if you have faith and love for our Savior than you can fight through it!! I think that everyone should have " a pink boxing glove in their life......
5 comments:
That was a very sweet post. You ar definately one strong lady!
Tiffany,
What a sweet post! I'm glad you find strength in the gospel and I KNOW the heartache and peace that comes from the trial you are experiencing right now. PLEASE don't hesitate to call, or e-mail me when the trial seems to hard to bear alone. I've been in your shoes and I am here for you. *HUGS*
My prayers are with you and your family Tiffany.
Yvonne
You are such an inspirational woman... I always knew you were a strong woman, but this surpasses what I have seen in your strength... You are truly a blessed person who has the faith that every person should strive to have... I am truly sorry that you and your family are going through this... My prayers are with you dear friend... I love you...
Tiffany, I love your "Pink glove," and I will think of the gospel that way from now on. Thank you for sharing your strength! The more I get to know you the more I know why Shannon loves you so much!
Post a Comment