Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where has the time gone??



Have you ever wanted to turn back time... Well today I am feeling that way... why you ask?? because today is my son's 16th birthday!! that's right 16 I just am so mind boggled right now as to how time flew so quick.... I remember like it was yesterday that I was rocking him, teaching him how to walk, taking him to his first day of kindergarten.... and now.... he wants to learn how to drive, and go on his first date...I just can't take all that.... I want my lil boy back.... this is got to be one of the hardest days of all my parenting....

He makes us so proud.... he is so smart, and very talented... he has been playing the Baritone in band since the 5th grade and has stuck with it since... he writes amazing articles in for the school newpaper... and recently just learned that he is an exceptional chess player and has been asked to join the club at school... we have hit a few bumps along the road as does all teenagers... but deep inside I still see my sweet lil boy... I think what is hardest is that I can't let go... and I want to keep him under my wing forever.... and protect him... well I think I have finally realized that I don't have to let go... I just need to loosen the grip a little... and let him learn to fly on his own... but with me right by his side....

Happy birthday to my sweet son.... we Love you so very much... and are so proud of you.... Thanks for being our son..... and brightening up our lives....

1 comment:

The Fergy Bunch said...

Sweet post Tiffany. I can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling today. *HUGS* And Happy Birthday Tyler!