Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My sister-in-law is home......

This Christmas we had the pleasure of going up north to see Kam's sister who just returned with honor from her mission in the Philippines.... It was so good to see her and hear some of her stories... She came back such a humble soul... and we are so proud of her.... most of my husband's family had made the trip up north, and it was so nice hanging out with all of them.... the kids went swimming played basketball and volleyball all week.... for Christmas we all just hung out and talked about what Christmas was really about..... the spirit was so strong.... and definitely felt by all. So on Saturday we got up at 4am and went with Kam's whole family to do a session at the Oakland Temple at 530 am... when we pulled up it was still dark outside and the lights on the temple grounds were so beautiful.. And I could already feel the spirit.....later that day I found out the my sis in law Kala was about to be proposed to already..... and even though I didn't really understand it all I was excited to witness and traditional Tongan engagement... and what was more exciting is that my children got to be a part of it....here are a few pics of the event... Again I have no idea what actually takes place... all I know is that they brought a pig and some falas and a beautiful blanket that says I love you Kakala on it, that my daughter was given to since she is named after my sis in law... Then on Sunday we went to the Tongan ward to hear Kala's talk.. which I'm so glad she did in english so that I could enjoy....all in all we had a great time....

1 comment:

Hess Bunch said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. It's always the best when you are surrounded by family.