Thursday, March 25, 2010

Last week wrapped up in one blog....

last week was quite eventful... or should I say the month has been ... with girl scout cookie time and all... here in town we have a and ice cream shop dewars.. well they teamed up with girl scouts and made and ice cream using samoas, and thin mints... can you say "yummy".. well they picked our troop to promote it... so one day we had to go to a photo shoot at dewars.. and the next morning they wanted us back at 530AM.... for new coverage... well I was the lucky one to take the girls that early..... it was so fun though.... the girls got there and right away the were put on camara... and after they they did 6 more new segmants til about 830am... eating ice cream and 6 am and all.. it was a lot of fun to watch these girls and the opportunity they got.... This week I also took Josiah to an animal museum out here... with a preschool group... he had alot of fun.. seeing all the animals... but I have to say his favorite part was the playground...go figure.... he touched the turtle but got freaked out by the texture of the turtle.... LO.. it was funny....and was great to just spend time with my lil one... =) on Saturday my dad cam down and joined us for the Cystic Fibrosis walk in memory of my dear friend Shannon.... we got to the park around 9:15 and started the walk at 10 I think it was a little under 3 miles... for the most part I tried not to let my emotions take over... but when I saw the picture of Shannon I lost it ... I was thinking just to short years ago.. Shannon was right here walking with us.... I miss that girl so much... and wish she was there with me ... to make me laugh... and to just hang out... but I know she was watching us.. all ... =) This last week was also my mid term week and had 3 big reports due... I got An A,B,and C. .on my mid terms so I am pretty happy about that =) all in all it was a great week... now I must prepare to go to Utah ... and see my mom... it has been 1 whole year... and I miss her like crazy.... hopefully we get conf. tickets too but I haven't heard anything yet.... so we shall in my next post if we have pics up in front of the conf. center... in SLC.... for now.. take care and I hope you call have a wonderful easter =)
Josiah hanging out in the shade at the museum
not digging the turtle
he wanted to drink Daddy's coconut... but then didn't like it
Starting our walk.... =)
I don't know what Josiah was thinking here.....LOL.
Shannon and her sister Lindy... there pic was posted along the walk.....
everyone who came out to support....ans walk for shannon and lindy (step4sisters)
Kala eating ice cream on the news at 6am... they kept having to give the girls more scoops because they kept eating it all.. even though they were told to save it for the news footage... it was funny.... the reporter kept saying " don't eat the ice cream" as the girls were scraping their bowls....LOL

4 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

Great post! What museum did you take Josiah to? I can just see Hallie freaking out over the turtle. LOL That's really neat about Kala, you must be one proud Mama! Congrats on your grades, I don't know how you do it and still stay sane - good job! =D

I'm glad we were able to be a part of that walk for Shannon and others, I would like to do it again next year so let me know the next time it rolls around.

It was nice meeting her mom and dad and seeing her family and friends rally together. I really wish I had gotten to know her better. Right before she died she and I were e-mailing back and forth about our disgust with PG&E, etc. so every time I pay my PG&E bill I think of her. I also think of her every time we sing in RS, I miss seeing her lead the music and I miss hearing her share the history behind the song we were singing. Anyhow, sorry for getting carried away. I'm Kat's Visiting Teacher and so it's hard to not think about Shannon when I am over there, and I was just there on Sunday so with the walk and my visit with Kat I guess Shannon is on my mind. Sometimes when I feel overloaded with the things that life throws at me and I feel like I can't take much more I remember Shannon's smiling face and I seem to take things in stride better - she really inspires me.

Anyhow, have a great visit with your mom and enjoy conference! We're out of town this weekend for a baby blessing so we'll see you in a couple of weeks - even though we live across the street from one another - pathetic I know! LOL =D You know, I probably should have just e-mailed you all of this - it's long! Sorry! LOL =D

Rebecca said...

Busy week! Hey if you have time in Utah... we would love to see you!

Manu Family said...

thanks for the comment Jen.... very sweet words.. =)

Becca,that would be great give me your phone number and I will see if we can..... not sure yet... though =) we are going to be all the way up in tremonton... by logan hey did you hear Li'i dad passed away last week.. I talked to her on the phone... she sounded ok

Rinez said...

What a busy life you lead and it's always so fun to read about it. Thank you again for your support of Shannon, our family and The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Shannon loved you so much and so do we! Oh, how I miss her!