Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Jumping goat"

what is a jumping goat you ask? well it seems to be the most popular charades idea amongst our children..... So let me explain, Tonight we decided to have family game night.... first we started with a game of charades... we each had to put 5 ideas on 5 pieces of paper fold'm up and put in a bowl... you get the idea ...so anyways that gave us 30 different ideas... well why is it that I have never heard of a " jumping goat" but it was in the bowl 3 times...LOL... so I ask my children what's with the Jumping goat... their explanation is that they played it before and that was one of Jayden's ideas now and they liked it... so now that is their favorite... well if you can picture it, it was quite amusing to see someone act out a jumping goat.... needless to say the game was very fun and ... and Josiah even got in to it.... and shouted out mickey mouse for every answer..... ( for those of you who don't know Josiah is obsessed with anything mickey mouse).... it was so cute to see him get up and try to act something out too, we even had Joseph smith and reading the scriptures to act out...So our next game was pictionary, but instead of paper we used a white board and did teams of boys VS. girls.... it was a lot of fun... and josiah was the white board eraser.... he loves to be involved with everything.... anyways ...that was our evening.. tonight... I love to just sit around as a family... and have fun and laughs with my husband and kids.... oh and before the games we had hot cocoa and banana bread(thanks to the Tonga's for the bread) well I was sweating while drink'n my cocoa since it is 100 degree+ here right now.... so I got the idea to sit right in front of the fan... so I could enjoy cocoa in the summer.......lol

3 comments:

Blissfully Blessed said...

i LOVE family game time!!!!!!... our favorite game now is Spongebob Monopoly!..... we play for hrs!!!... i cant wait till Kev comes home so he can join in the fun!!!....

The Fergy Bunch said...

How fun! I can totally picture the jumping goat and I bet it was hilarious! I haven't played Charades in a long time, maybe we'll do it for FHE tonight! =) I think it's also cute that Josiah said Mickey Mouse for everything, I just love it when the little ones join in the fun!

Rinez said...

Hot cocoa in the summer - that's a stretch. Sounds like you had a great time, though!